[rollei_list] Re: OT: Corporate Responsibility and PublicGiving

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 11:58:09 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marc James Small" <msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2005 9:51 AM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: OT: Corporate Responsibility and
PublicGiving

> At 09:23 AM 2/3/05 -0600, Neil Gould wrote:
>
>>Why not do away with public funding of highways, airports,
>>and any other
>>aspect of the infrastructure? Or, are you suggesting that
>>art is not a
>>part of the cultural infrastructure? Perhaps you just
>>don't like art;
>>perhaps others just don't like roads. However, both
>>contribute to the
>>quality of life on a regional and national basis, and as
>>both can exceed
>>the ability of private funding to maintain them, there is
>>merit to the
>>idea that larger common pools of money should be made
>>available for such
>>things.
>

> Concur.  Every infrastructure element ought to be
> self-supporting.  But
> then, bear in mind that I am an anarchist.
>
> Marc
>
> msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx=20
> Cha robh b=E0s fir gun ghr=E0s fir!

   Well, I suppose bridges and towers ought to be self
supporting.
   Well, why not do away with government altogether along
with anything that is publically supported. This would also
do away with taxes of all forms.
   All roads, bridges, etc., should be privately held and
operated as toll roads.
   All police, fire, and other emergency services should be
private companies operated on the lines of rural volunteer
departments, i.e., one subscribes to the service to get it.
   Eliminate the federal reserve and federally printed
money. Each bank should issue its own specie. If
co-ordination or regulation is necessary let it be by a
private group operated by the industry. However, since any
kind of regulation interfers with the natural selection of
the free market perhaps it should never be done.
   Since there will be no government there will be no laws.
Perhaps we won't really need police. Those who are wealthy
enough can have private armies, (or rental armies, not too
different from current securing companies) who can catch
robbers, etc., and execute them on the spot. No courts,
judges, or lawyers, and no prisons, they are too expensive:
why pay food and shelter bills for criminals when it is
cheaper to simply destroy them (of course the victim pays
the bills for this, but they do now throught taxes).
   Since we will have no courts, either criminal or civil,
there will be no law suits. This will give businesses free
reign to operate in the most profitable fashion possible.
This also makes it possible to simply do away with anyone
who gets in your way.
   Since all roads will be toll roads the traffic will be
limited improving driving conditions and eliminating a lot
of air polution.
   There will be no regulation of broadcasting which should
tremendously increase the choice of stations and
programming. If you don't like a station simply blow up its
transmitter. They won't be able to do anything to you,
except maybe sending someone over to blow you up.
   What else? Of course with no goveernment national
protection must take the form of private armies. This is
likely to become a very large and profitable business. Of
course, one might argue that people with armies will begin
to attack each other producing a condition of perpetual war
however, if normal market forces take place, all private
armies will eventually be consolidated into one corporation,
which can then choose wether to fight itself or not
depending on what is most profitable. A state of perpetual
war, if it comes into existence, will also please Fashists,
who believe that such a state is necessary for the evolution
of society. Of course, I am not sure we really need society
or even civilization, they are very expensive. As far as
culture, I quote Hermann Goring, "When I hear the word
culture I reach for my gun."
   I have not mentioned schools. Most kids hate school
anyway so why bother. If they get in the way at home they
can be rented out to a private army company, that will keep
them busy for years and will help to support the family.
   I have not mentioned churches or other religous
organizations. Mostly, they are already private. The absense
of government or laws will prevent forcing people to believe
in the _right_ religion but they can probably be influenced
in other ways, for instance, religious organizations can
also have private armies as well as their current method of
heavy advertising. I am sure they will do quite well.
   I think Marc has convinced me to become an anarchist.
However, what is he going to do when there are no more
lawyers?

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA