[rollei_list] Re: OT: Contax

  • From: Ardeshir Mehta <ardeshir@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 09:33:47 -0500

On Friday, March 4, 2005, at 08:50  AM, Eric Goldstein wrote:

> http://db.riskwaters.com/public/
> showPage.html?page=printer_friendly&print=210204
>
> {The manufacture of Contax and Kyocera branded 35mm film cameras has
> ceased, and digital products are to follow by the end of the year,
> marking the end of an era. ...}

Sad, in many ways. As a very young chap I used to lust after the Contax
only a little less than after the Leica. Never used one, sorry to say.
But I did use a Contaflex which I thought was an excellent SLR, and
after that, whenever I saw a picture of a Contarex in a magazine I used
to drool. Then later, the Contax RTS came out, which I also thought was
a beaut. Oh well. Sic transit, and all that.

Cheers.

Ardeshir <http://homepage.mac.com/ardeshir/AllMyFiles.html>