[rollei_list] Re: OT: B&W Filters in digital...Pola filters

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "New Rollei List" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 20:24:59 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "CarlosMFreaza" <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, July 12, 2010 7:12 PM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: OT: B&W Filters in digital...Pola
filters

Richard, I agree with you and Eric , that is one of the main
reasons I
use true filters on the lens, but regarding the polarizing
effect with
PS or Picasa, since the sky color is never uniform changing
with the
light angle, the polarizing effect does not look uniform,
the effect
is not real but looks pretty convincing; the tool in Picasa
has means
to adjust several parameters and areas to apply the effect.
My point was that there are software means to simulate one
of the
polarizing filters effect, but as you wrote, it couldn't be
a real
effect.

Carlos

    I think I was being academically picky:-)
Digital processing of images and sound has exacerbated the "we'll fix it in the mix" syndrome.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA