[rollei_list] Re: OT BBC NEWS | Technology | Single-pixel camera takes on digital

  • From: hoarcroft2@xxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 11:43:48 -0500

I'd like a copy, Richard.

--Les Clark

From: dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 10:55 PM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: OT BBC NEWS | Technology | Single-pixel camera takes
on digital

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2007 12:25 PM
on digital

> ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Eric Goldstein" <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>

  Since posting I've also received a reply from Dr. Richard Baraniuk at Rice,
who appears to be the senior investigator of the project. He sent me a small
FAQ in the form of a PDF. Since the rules forbid posting of binary attachments
to the list, and I don't have a web site, I will offer to send this to list
members who requst it. Its about 23Kb, not very large even for dial-up. There
is a great deal more info at the Rice web site I posted and at:

http://www.dsp.ece.rice.edu/cs/

  This last has links to all sorts of original research papers, etc. The BBC
story is the typical dumbed-down science writing that disguises the real
significance of the research, which appears to be considerable. These people
are researching some of the basic concepts of information theory, quite deep
stuff.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA