[rollei_list] Re: OT Autistic Voices (was Re: OT Mapplethorpe)

  • From: Jerry Lehrer <glehrer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 19:58:34 -0800

Denny,

Ya gotta learn not to argue ANYTHING with Marc.

Frankly I am getting FS&T of Mapplethorpe discussions. Subject now goes on my DBR filter list.

Jerry

Dennis Purdy wrote:

On Mar 10, 2010, at 19:36, Marc James Small wrote:

Again, Dennis, my primary opposition is to the Federal funding of the arts, as there is no provision for this in the US Constitution. Some State Constitutions may permit State funding but I oppose State funding as well, though this is quite a different issue.

Marc

The value of life is measured in art. Those who achieve the highest stature of life get all their material substance from artists.. Architects, furniture makers, painters, landscapers, clothing makers... everything is measured in art. Art is what gives special value to life. Art is about inspiration. Art is the thing that makes leaps in the linear progression of life. Sure love and family is important as well, love and family gets or should get public support. The human race is full of people with specific capabilities and specific limitations. An enlightened people will support the important strengths of those otherwise limited. Otherwise you are pretty much a natzi.
Dennis