[rollei_list] Re: OT Ancient Computers (was Re: Re: Rollei -Singapore) now analogue versus digital

  • From: "austin.franklin@xxxxxxxxxxx" <austin.franklin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 15:57:33 -0500

Hi Frank,

> The only area where I have found digital a bit more difficult than
> film is in focussing. My M8 is so much sharper than my M6...

This is where the perception of sharpness is giving you a false sense of
"better".  The M6 will, with the right film and technique etc. give you
higher resolution (and higher image fidelity) than the M8.  There is simply
no question than that.

An interesting thing to note...there is a reason why 10,000SPI drum
scanners exist, and people pay extra money to get scans of film done on
them.  And, the images from them look significantly better than the same
image scanned at a lower resolution.

Also, when printing digitally anyway, all you need is "enough" to print at
the size and resolution you are printing.  Anything above that is simply
lost.

Regards,

Austin

mail2web.com ? What can On Demand Business Solutions do for you?