[rollei_list] Re: OT Ancient Computers (was Re: Re: Rollei -Singapore) now analogue versus digital

  • From: Frank Dernie <Frank.Dernie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 20:35:07 +0000

I shot Velvia, Provia and Astia in my film camera days. All obviously have an engineered colour balance to suit their particular customer. This can easily be lost when scanning if one is not careful.

Frank

On 12 Jan, 2009, at 20:22, Carlos Manuel Freaza wrote:

According my info, C-41 and E-6 processes labs are still distributed in the States widely, and according my experience, a well scanned film can reflect in the digital file its personality, f.e.I can see it scanning an Astia slide or a Velvia slide; monitor screens are not favorable for digitallized film images in general, however they work very well for other means.-

Carlos