[rollei_list] Re: OT: A Dark Side Update

  • From: "Austin Franklin" <austin.franklin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 18:40:46 -0400

Hi Marc,

Though the subject line does say OT ;-), yes, yes they both did.  The 80-200
a very nice clip on one, and the 24-70 a bayonet one that the bayonet isn't
all that great.  But, the one nice thing about Canon hoods is they reverse
and slip over the lense.

Funny story...I was with a friend's wife at a baseball game, and she was
asking me about lense hoods.  She wanted to get one for the lense that she
had on her camera that she had with her.  So, I asked her if I could see her
camera.  She handed it to me.  I took the reversed lense hood off the front
of the lense and turned it around and put it on.  Voila, she now had a
functional lense hood, that she never knew she had.  It was a Canon digital
SLR and Canon lense.

Regards,

Austin