[rollei_list] Re: OT: A Better Bayer?

  • From: Michael Eric Berube <pj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 10:20:51 -0400

Yep. No argument. Some are dogs and I don't believe that their QC is quite up to the standards of some of the Camera companies either, but when you find a good example of some of their better lenses (EX line is almost all fantastic) you've got a great tool. I use an 18-50/2.8, a 50-150/2.8 and I rented a 10-20/4-5.6 for a wedding this last weekend and was very impressed and will very likely get one. Their new 70/2.8 Macro is getting rave reviews as one of the sharpest Macros ever made. Again, they already make some 4:3 lenses, they'd be brilliant to make a camera that took those lenses but used their Foveon tech.

(I don't think they make lenses in Rollei mount though.)
:)

Be well,
Michael Eric Berube

Eric Goldstein wrote:
Some Sigma lenses are notoriously horrible. The original 400/5.6 APO
is a good example.

Eric Goldstein