[rollei_list] Re: Not My Definition of a Thoroughbred (Re: Nikon vs.

  • From: "Peter K." <peterk727@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 11:41:31 -0700

Man you guys can beat the sh*t out of something. :-)
I was the one show stated the F1N should be considered a thoroughbred.
Not because of popularity but because of the high qualityu of the
camera when Canon made it. It was designed for true pros who wanted a
solid camera with all the pro features and a bevy of accessories.
There was a lot of R&D in building this model and Canon asked the
opinions of many pros  for input in its design. It was a serious
alternative to Nikon's F3 (at the time) and the only professional
camera available during the 1980s with shutter priority. My
brother-in-law has one 1N and a prototype of the F1 before it was
released.

Peter K

On 4/13/05, Eric Goldstein <egoldste@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> People love their Chevies and Fords too, and there's an aweful lot of ban=
dwidth devoted to them, but that doesn't make them great cars...
>=20
> Eric Goldstein, who shoots Canon FD at times...
>=20
>=20

--=20
Peter K