[rollei_list] Re: Newbie question about infrared

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 07:55:08 -0300 (ART)

Main problems for IR photography are exposure times,
film development times and focus shift.
The Rollei IR nominal ISO 400 film speed will be
reduced to about ISO 25 real film sensitivity using
the recommended IR filters (see Rollei IR technical
sheet), previous shots to test exposure times and film
development times are necessary; there is something
subjective about IR artistic photography judging
effects and tonal performance.

Focus difference between normal film and true IR film
is perceptible, this is the reason several lenses have
a special mark to compensate the difference for IR
photography, the IR filter does not allow to see the
best focus in a SLR camera viewfinder and the mark on
the lens barrel is necessary.

Rollei TLR IR filter seems to be a very good filter
for IR photography according comments, I have not used
it in my Rolleis, they are a bit difficult to obtain.
Using Rollei R infrared filters, they compensate for
the focus difference, you focus the subject as always
with the IR attached on the taking lens -not on the
viewing lens-, the filter will compensate the
difference in the real image and then a special mark
on the focusing scale is not necessary.-
Carlos

--- Yamamuro Masumi <surgeon24hrs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
escribió:

> I have an owner of 2.8F. I am fascinated by infrared
> B&W, and I wish to try it with my Rolleiflex. Rollei
> infrared film sounds like a good much.
>
> I only have hellrot filter. Is this good enough for
> infrared photo, or I need get somethingelse?
>
> I might be asking very primitive question but,
> please forgive me, I have no experience with it. I
> should be most grateful if you could teach me.

¥Þ¥¤¥¯¥í¥½¥Õ¥È¤ÎºÇ¿·¼¡À¤Âå¥Ö¥é¥¦¥¶IE7¤ËMSNÈǤʤé¤Ç¤Ï¤ÎÊØÍø¤Êµ¡Ç½¤ò¥×¥é¥¹
> http://promotion.msn.co.jp/ie7/

      Yahoo! Encuentros.

Ahora encontrar pareja es mucho más fácil, probá el nuevo Yahoo! Encuentros
http://yahoo.cupidovirtual.com/servlet/NewRegistration