[rollei_list] Re: New to the list

  • From: Douglas Nygren <dnygr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 12:26:43 -0400

Thanks for sharing your experience, Marc.
Will give it a whirl. I'm always willing to find something that works better.
Doug

On Jul 24, 2010, at 12:14 PM, Marc James Small wrote:

At 12:09 PM 7/24/2010, Douglas Nygren wrote:

>I have tried metal reels, but have not fallen in love with them.
>
>Someone lent me a 35mm  Hewes reel recently. I'll give it a try soon
>and see how it goes.

Cheap Japanese reels are quite hard to load and are unreliable. They bend out of true very easily. I kid you not: you can bounce a Hewes reel on the floor and it will not bend. Easiest reel to load ever made. And, again, they are NOT expensive.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!