[rollei_list] Re: New to the list

  • From: Laurence Cuffe <cuffe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 06:35:26 -0700 (PDT)

There is a tendency in this list to gold plate all requirements.  I've been using paterson plastic reels and tanks  for about the last thirty six years.  They work fine. If I felt that the list members who recomend Hewes stainless steel tanks, premium grade, and no other had significant experience of using plastic tanks, then I would not query their judgment, however, I feel  the stainless only camp is a bit of a shibolith, and is not based on a true perception of reality.
All the best
Laurence Cuffe

On 22 Jul, 2010,at 02:21 PM, Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

At 02:03 PM 7/22/2010, Richard Knoppow wrote:

>A tank, I recommend the stainless steel kind or any tank
>that is agitated by inverting it.

ONLY buy Kindermann metal tanks and Hewes (King
Concepts) reels Anything else is an invitation for severe disappointment.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!