[rollei_list] Re: New to the list

  • From: CheshireCCat <cheshireccat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 11:01:08 -0700 (PDT)

DAW,

This is off topic, so I won't reply anymore to walmart posts, but they come
into
small towns, lower their prices so that none of the family owned businesses can
compete, run them out of business because of all the cheap people around who
would rather have a deal than a relationship with their local stores and then
they raise their prices back to normal. I lived in San Diego for many years and
I saw it happen there, northern california, Florida, Oklahoma, and a few other
places. They give their employees just under full time so that they do not have
to pay benefits, and they fire anyone that even mentions starting a union to
get
better working conditions. I have seen them fire a full store of employees and
shut down the store until they could hire new staff. They run everyone out of
business, and then they hire them at low wages so that the only place they can
afford to shop is at walmart. They are an unethical and immoral company and I
have never and will never shop there because I still have my self respect and I
care about my local community more than a cheap deal on some plastic item that
will break after 3 months. My rant is over and I will not post off topic
anymore. Costco is not so bad, they givve full time and pay competitive pay to
employees. They sell cheap because they do it in bulk and they don't make the
place pleasant to the eye. White floors, walls and ceilings are too sterile
anyway.

It used to be that buying American was enough, but now that greed has overcome
so many in this country, it's more important to buy local and support your
local
businesses. walmart using local farmers is great, but they are doing this only
to give you a little ammunition against those of us that know what they do to
communities. One good thing with so many evil does not make them honorable nor
does it convince me that they care about anything but the bottom line.

It's better to care about people than money.

J.D.