[rollei_list] Re: New to the list

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 13:55:07 -0400

At 01:50 PM 7/22/2010, CheshireCCat wrote:
Thanks for the tip about Paul Roger,

I will give him a call today. As for walgreens or Ritz camera, there are neither near me and the Walgreens that I have tried while travelling only do 35mm. I've also checked the local camera shops and it's kinda hit and miss with what they will develop. It's something like $15 a roll not including prints or a CD. It's ok, I'm going to buy everything I need to develop the rolls myself. It's stupid not to do it myself really. I just have to figure out if these Paterson tanks are work the extra money vs an old stainless tank and if they will last anywhere near as long. I'd also like to find some biodegradable developing fluid, but we'll see about that one.

Black and white developing is dead easy.  You will need:

Kindermann tanks (accept no substitutes)
Hewes reels (accept no substitutes)
changing bag
a graduated cylinder
a timer