[rollei_list] Re: "New" enlarging lens

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 15:22:17 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "Allan Derickson" <a_derickson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, February 27, 2011 2:20 PM
Subject: [rollei_list] "New" enlarging lens

I managed to win an auction for a Schneider-Kreuznach Componon f5.6 80mm enlarging lens. According to the serial number it's from around 1960. I paid $17.95 as the only bidder. It is all chrome. My present lens is a f4.5 75mm S-K Comparon that I bought new as a starving student in 1970. It appears to be black anodized aluminum. 99% of my prints are 8x10 or less and the Comparon does fine. I'm hoping the Componon will be better for the occasional 16x20. I can't remember what I paid for the Comparon. I just know
that at the time I couldn't afford the Componon.

Allan

I have a chrome barrel Componon as above, my main lens for Rollei negatives. Its been an excellent lens. The later, black barrel, ones have better coatings but the earlier one is very respectible.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA