[rollei_list] Re: New Years Greetings

  • From: Robert Meier <robertmeier@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 15:58:56 -0600 (CST)

Drinking.

Happy New Year!

On Dec 31, 2008, at 3:45 PM, Laurence Cuffe wrote:

Happy new year folks to :- subject to the usual reservations of political correctness and not wishing to offend any who choose to celebrate in accordance with any alternate calender or observation.

I'm at the moment channel surfing looking for "Dinner for one" or the "90th geburtstag", a peculiarly Teutonic preoccupation, this 11minute black and white short film about celebrating an old lady's birthday is considered to be an essential part of the German new year celebrations and is playing on at least 22 German stations tonight as well as seven Austrian ones. I understand that in Japan the ceremonial includes listening to Beethoven's 9th symphony, and this leads me to wonder what other national preoccupations the rest of the list are indulging in tonight.

All the best

Larry Cuffe

On Wednesday, December 31, 2008, at 03:37PM, "Jerry Lehrer" <glehrer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
RUGers

I would like to wish you all a Healthy, Happy and Prosperous New Year

From sunny and cloudless La Jolla, California.

Jerry Lehrer