[rollei_list] Re: New, TTL Flash for Rollei FX

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 12:51:06 -0300

2012/1/9 Jan Decher <Jan.Decher@xxxxxxx>:
> Bill,
>
> I was in the same situation when I owned a Rolleiflex SL66 SE.  According to
> my 2005 Metz Program brochure you need the Rollei (Metz) SCA 356 adapter
>  and a Metz modular SCA flash like the 54 MZ-4.  The SCA 3562 adapter will
> only work with the Rollei 6008 AF.

It's interesting to note the Rollei representative in HK, Livecoal, is
only selling the SCA 3562 adapter for the TLR  and HY6 and 6000
cameras, it could mean the SCA 3000 flashes are compatible with the
SCA 300 flashes ( in fact they are compatible according the Metz web
site, 3000 flashes with SCA 300 cameras lose some new functions and
work like SCA 300 flashes) or Rollei upgraded the cameras firmware for
the SCA 3000 and 3001 and 3002 flashes:
http://livecoal.com.hk/shop/product/flash-adapter-sca-3562-117-13

I was also reading in the Metz website that the newest Metz SCA
flashes like the Mecablitz MZ-4i d and others from the same last
generation wouldn't need a SCA adapter to be used with the GX/FX
cameras, I think if some user has a real interest could do a deeper
research on the matter, I don't know if there is some error in the web
sites:
http://www.metz.de/en/flash-units/product-ranges/sca-flash-units.html