[rollei_list] Re: New TLR owner ;-)

  • From: Thor Legvold <tlegvold@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 19:18:53 +0100

Yeah, I saw that one. Beautiful condition, but for my needs much too
expensive. I just wanted excellent optics in a reliable lightweight
and compact package*. I don't want to be afraid of dinging it up on
trips and such. I've already planned doing the CLA, but will try it
out a bit first and see how the results look. Since I'm in Europe I
think I'll go with one of the German, Dutch or UK techs.

Like I said, I was actually looking for a C type 2. F's seem to
always fetch the highest prices and be in greatest demand. If the D
turns out to be a dog, I'll sell it and keep looking for a C. It
seems there seems to be a degree of intersample variation between
cameras.

Cheers,
Thor

*lightweight and compact as compared to lugging around a 6008 with 3
lenses, tele adapter, several magazines, extension rings, etc etc!