[rollei_list] Re: New Member

  • From: ERoustom <eroustom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 19:25:23 -0500

Hi Julia,

I'm a beginner too, and like the rest on here am passionate about photography. You will learn a lot here, but keep in mind that if it does not involve Rollie, it's OFF TOPIC - or so we get reminded every so often. A more civilized group you will not find, though some discussions do heat up (and not being in the midst of them is quite fun).

Be sure to visit the group's flickr page:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/rolleiusersgroup/

I'm trying to learn how to develop and print as well, and finding a darkroom has been very difficult - damn near impossible. If you're near or in a big city your chances are much better at finding instruction and/or time for rent in a darkroom. If you're in the Boston/Providence area I can give you a couple of leads.

For less than $250 you can buy an Epson 4490 scanner, and get set scanning your Rollei's negs. It's not the best, but it works well enough for web sharing, and in some cases rather excellent digital printing - for starters it's great. Process only of my negs costs just under $5 per roll at my local "pro" camera shop.

Good luck and welcome.

Elias

On Dec 13, 2006, at 2:24 PM, Julia Oliveira wrote:

Hello everyone,
I'm Julia, a new subscriber. I have a passion for photography and want to learn as much as I can... (I don't want to learn much about digital photography. I like the old fashioned kind better, although I must admit that digital photography is truly practical). I have not taken any classes. I wish to find one that will teach me what I want to learn... I'd love to have a dark room--and know what to do with it... how to develop my own pictures... and although there's reading material out there on the matter, I fear that I need "hands on" to learn. I own a Rolleiflex. Bought it on Ebay. I treasure it, but know nothing about it, really.
Maybe I will learn from your more experienced minds.

Julia

On 12/12/06, Eric Goldstein <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Don't forget Albany Bigard now...that was 1931. Youser Youser
Youser... you guys really got it goin' on now, don't you?

Eric Goldstein ;-)