[rollei_list] Re: New Leica

  • From: "Austin Franklin" <austin.franklin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 12:35:10 -0400

Hi,

> Leica is entering the market with the HY6, Hasselblad,
> Sinar, etc. with this camera. I think the attraction may be
> the S2's size in comparison to the others. What surprises me
> is that this camera was produced in-house at Leica, and
> their relationship with Phase One has yet to be clearly
> defined.

At first glimpse, it looks, specs wise, very excellent.  A right in the
middle (between medium format and 35mm) format, which I've always liked the
idea of.

I hope it does well.  Then, some day, 10 or so years from now, I may
actually be able to buy one.  And a lense a year later ;-/

Regards,

Austin