[rollei_list] Re: New Haven pizza photos

  • From: Douglas Nygren <dnygr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 07:31:55 -0400

Sorry, Peter. White's is long gone. M&T took their place, but they are gone. As is Chucky's. The Owl Shop is still there, but I don't smoke piples anymore.
Doug

On May 26, 2006, at 12:40 AM, pmcc wrote:

Doug,

It seems the good Jewish delies are gone. M&T and
Zacky's are gone. A
new deli has taken their place, but not in my heart.
I miss the old
places' chopped liver and kugl. Bagels are so so in
town. They've never
been good while I've been here. This is a
disappointment.

Is White's Delicatessen out toward Whitneyville still there? They had great pastrami and corned beef, full and half-sour pickles (reminiscent of Guss pickles on Hester and Orchard).

Peter.
SF, CA

--- Rollei List