[rollei_list] Re: New Haven pizza photos

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 14:12:44 -0700

At 04:30 PM 5/25/2006 -0400, Marc wrote that Tod wrote:

At 01:10 PM 5/24/06 -0700, todd belcher wrote:

There is much BS with pasta and Marco Polo. The Italians had pasta before Marco Polo.

Since this thread seems to be drifting so far afield, may I ask about pasta and Marco Polo?

Does Todd's comment might mean that:

1.      The Italians put some pasta in front of Marco Polo
2.      The Italians had pasta available before Marco Polo had pasta available
3.      The Italians ate pasta before Marco Polo ate pasta
4.      The Italians knew about pasta before Marco knew anything about it.

I have my grandfather's immigration papers from Italy, but there is no mention of Marco Polo or pasta on them, so the only information I have is the absence of information on the subject.

Thank you, Todd, for your cautious and polite dissent.  And you source is?

Marc

Don Williams
La Jolla, CA