[rollei_list] Re: New Book on "Mr Rollei": Fritz Henle: In search of beauty

  • From: Robert Lilley <54moggie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 08:32:49 -0400

I figure purchasing the book is cheaper than airfare to Texas. Speaking of Rollei photographers, what ever happened to Dr. Walther Heering, author of all those early "Rollei" books?

Rob
On Apr 28, 2009, at 8:12 AM, Eric Goldstein wrote:

This is actually a show catalog. You can see the images at The Harry
Ransom Center at The University of Texas at Austin through August 2.

Eric Goldstein

--

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 9:42 AM, Jan Decher <Jan.Decher@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Everyone,
I walked by our university library's new book shelf and saw a new coffee table book-sized retrospective "Fritz Henle: In search of beauty" by U of TX Curator of Photography, Roy Flukinger. Took it home and am now interested in finding more of Fritz's own books (China, Japan, Mexico, Casals etc.). The book is a unique tribute to Rollei Photography. The issue of Henle's choice and strict faith to the Rollei comes up all the time. The books first and last images feature a life-sized front and back of the Rolleiflex
2.8 Planar Platinum "Fritz Henle" .
The book already got me to shoot more with my 3.5E last weekend in Plymouth,
MA.  Perhaps I am drawn to Henle because he grew up near my home area
(Dortmund) and left Germany at about the same age as I did.
Jan