[rollei_list] Re: Neil on Nikon Coolscan 9000 Information Quest

  • From: "dnygr" <dnygr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 15:10:00 -0500

Neil,
Your comments on inkjet B&W printing rings a bell for me. I have felt that
inkjet printing makes fine posters, but that the posters lack the glow of the
traditional darkroom silver print. I don't know the lightjet process, but what
you makes sense because the paper (silver embedded?) remains the same as that
used in the darkroom.

You seem to confirm my feeling that Photoshop offers a lot of control. It makes
some tweaking easier. The printer is the problem.

Doug

From: "Neil Gould" <neil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:  Tue, 1 Apr 2008 14:33:56 -0600