[rollei_list] My Rollei Mutar 0.7x

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 13:16:21 -0300

I received yesterday the Rollei Mutar 0.7x I had bought a few weeks
ago, a very well built double lens; it came with the BIII adapters and
then I'll use it on the 2.8C Xenotar initially, but I'll try to use it
with the 3.5F Planar since the Mutar is better corrected for this
lens, unscrewing the taking lens BIII adapter will appear the original
BII mount, the problem is the viewing lens, it does not have bayonet
and you need an adapter for it even for BII; there are viewing/taking
lens adapters set for BI, BII for cameras with 42mm between lenses and
BIII, BII cameras with 45mm between lenses only need the BII adapter
for the viewing lens, Mutars 1.5x and 0.7x use the same adapters
except the BIII taking lens adapters, 0.7x and 1.5x have dedicated
taking lens adapters for this bayonet size.

Rollei manufactured filters for the Mutars calling them "Bayonet V"
filters, I don't know the reasons for this name yet, but in fact you
can use regular 67mm filters and lens hoods (accepting the lens hood
interference on the viewing lens)with the Mutars; 67mm is the exact
diameter to convert a Bayonet VI to fit thread accesories keeping the
same size, I have the BVI-67mm adapter for the SL66 and then I could
use some of the 67mm filters I already have for the SL66. BTW, I know
the Mutars optical limits and have and idea about the way to use the
0.7x; I already checked my Mutar perfectly fits on the 2.8C, I did not
perceive a minimal bright decrease in the ground glass main area,
however the image looks darker in the corners than without the Mutar.