[rollei_list] Re: Museum & Cathedral Photography in England - Part II

  • From: Jan Decher <Jan.Decher@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 15:35:24 -0400

John,

My experiences exactly. The annoying thing is that people get away with using their tiny digital point-and-shoots but any more serious and deliberate photography with a Rollei or Leica is discouraged and often you already have to leave your gear at the front desk. I have asked for a handcheck of my camera backpack after I came out of museums but rarely got permission.

Jan

From: Binjassim <tyco@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Museum & Cathedral Photography in England - Part II
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 12:47:58 +0300
Hi:
Just returned from a long holiday in Scotland and England.
Inspite of the "no photography" signs some people did take photo, a few of them using flash. It sems to me when the National Trust uses Public money for purchase and maintenance of properties, the public have the right to take pictures of what belongs to it.
Perhaps a legal test of these regulations is in order.
Regards
John Saldanha