[rollei_list] Re: More R and H price comparisons and production

  • From: Jan Decher <Jan.Decher@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 16:51:44 -0400

Carlos,
At least Fritz Henle didn't think of the SL66 just as a studio camera. It replaced his TLRs quite often in later years and he liked the added flexibility with exchangeable lenses and the bellows movement. Very little is differently from a TLR really as the focus in the same familiar spot as is the shutter release and rewind crank. I have used it as a "field camera" quite a bit and lov ethe ability to go down to a few centimeters close-up op a mushroom, or flower without any addtional gear (except perhaps reversing the 80mm Planar on the same bayonet). Ingenious design!
Jan

From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
...From this point of view, a
Hasselblad 500 C or a Rollei SL 66 wouldn't be "studio cameras", but
the term evolved and the Rollei SL 66 designers thought it as "studio
camera" mainly, I read it in the Report 2.