[rollei_list] More OT: Which Inkjet to buy?

  • From: "Jeffrey L. Bromberger" <jeffrey@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 08:41:30 -0400

Sorry, but I figured this is the right time and place to ask.  :-)

My older Canon inkjet just went "nozzles up" over the weekend.  It's time to
move into something that I can do darkroom-style prints on.  I'm looking for
ideas.

My main "color" printer is a Kodak 1400 Dye Sub unit, and I'm happy with it
and plan to keep on using it until it either dies or I can't find media kits
any longer.  I'm using a full color-management system, with a calibrated
(tube) monitor and printer so what I see is almost exactly what I get in the
end.

It's the call of printing B&W on something other than "Glossy" that is is
exciting to me.  I never really print anything larger than 11x14, so call
this a reasonable maximum size.  What's this I hear about special inks just
for B&W?

Can somebody please share ideas for devices, inks and media?  If this is way
off-topic, then a private email is plenty fine.

j, who can see the 4x5 enlarger getting dustier as the weeks turn into
years.
---
Jeffrey L. Bromberger
jeffrey@xxxxxxxx