[rollei_list] Re: More FX, new S-Apogon lens for the FX

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 13:01:15 -0300

2011/12/17 CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>:
> I believed the current S-Apogon 2.8/80 lens for the FX made by DHW
> Fototechnik was the traditional Planar labeled with other name due to
> some issue with the Planar name use without payment to CZ, however it
> seems to be a true new lens designed by Schneider (and then the "S"),
> this lens would be APO type ( APO according a DIN standard about a
> lens with the lateral chromatic aberrations of the secondary spectrum
> reduced to within a minute percentage of the focal length of the
> lens), and it uses B IV, it could make sense since the FW and FT use B
> IV. The info is in the auction site, item 250949982325 or:
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Version-Rollei-Rolleiflex-2-8-FX-w-S-apogon-80mm-f-2-8-HFT-New-APO-lens-/250949982325?pt=AU_FILM_CAMERAS&hash=item3a6dc8d875

I wrote "it seems..." about the FX "new" lens, I was recalling  I
asked DHW about the "S-Apogon" lens for the Rollei 35 and they
answered:

"Dear Carlos,
"The Rollei 35 lens is based on the CZ Sonnar 2,8/40mm
"Best regards"

I became convinced from this mail the S-Apogon for the FX was also the
Planar labeled "S-Apogon", it's necessary more specific info about the
"new" FX, the seller could confuse the item description and the lens
is the same Planar with other name.