[rollei_list] Re: More FX, new S-Apogon lens for the FX

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 20:02:08 -0300

2011/12/17 william schillereff <pastorbill6@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> So this would be the modern equivalent to the Xenotar and the Made by
> Rollei is the licensed by Zeiss Planar?
>
> The FX I have is Made by Rollei and it is very sharp with good contrast.
> All of the 2.8 Lenses have been exceptional.
>
> Except what is in the archives it seems the FX has pretty much ignored by
> the world.

Rollei made the Planar 2.8/80 for the GX and FX under Carl Zeiss
license. Schneider designed the lenses for the FW and FT, they were
new dedicated designs for the TLR and the S- Apogon 2.8/80 could be a
new design too since the Xenotar 2.8/80 never was "APO", I don't know.

The Rolleiflex 2.8 FX is a camera for a market niche today, most
Rollei TLR users cameras are from a different time, when the Rollei
TLR had massive production and had wide market and then most
discussions in the Rollei forums are about the old cameras.