[rollei_list] Re: Minimum 'throw; for cable release to activate Rolleifle...

  • From: Newhouse230@xxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 15:14:43 EST

A lot of cable releases used  to have an adjustment for 'throw'. Yours  does
not I take it?...Normally you just twist part of the tip and it exposes  more
or less of the pin.  Sometimes the external sheath, of cloth or  plastic seems
to stretch and prevent the pin from extending to sufficient  exposure. The
metal sheathed ones generally held up better, I found.
Charlie silverman

In a message dated 11/1/2006 2:48:24 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>  Thanks, Richard. I can actually poke the cable pin through
> the socket  and
> get the shutter to trip so I'm not sure about the missing
>  pin. In the
> meantime I'll contact the CLA'er and also look for a
> deeper cable release.
> rgds
> Chat

Again, I'm not sure of the F series but other Rolleis will
operate with  rather short throw cables. I measured the throw
necessary for an MX Rollei  and it is about 7mm. The Gauthier
cables originally supplied with the  camera is capable of
about a 15mm throw. I can't check my 2.8E because it  has
film in it.