[rollei_list] Re: Meters and Film

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 15:30:14 -0400

At 03:20 PM 9/3/2009, Carlos Manuel Freaza wrote:
>Thank you Richard, however my camera received an excellent CLA by
>Harry and I don't think a mechanical issue could be the problem, the
>meter needle moves vividly reacting to the light but measurements are
>wrong most of the times, the readings are low and then you overexpose,
>I think I need new cells, anyway this is not a serious problem to me.

Carlos

I suspect that you used the camera to pound tenpenny nails into teak! <he grins> Harry adjusted your linkage to make it work properly. You just need to have the linkage readjusted. Or get a new cell from Krikor: these are plug-in replacements.

I will not own a camera which is not fully functional.

F&H, incidentally, did have complaints from combat photographers and the like in the 1950's over the fragile linkage, so they sold a retrofit blanking plate to replace the light cell for those folks taking their cameras into harm's way. I once owned a couple of these NIB until Raw Greed caused me to sell mine ... (Bought three for $5 as a lot at a camera show and sold them for $75 each a couple of years later. Just one of those things ... )

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!