[rollei_list] Re: Meters and Film

  • From: Robert Lilley <54moggie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 15:18:15 -0400

Krikor Maralian, Elmwood Park, NJ replaced the selenium meter in my 3.5 F a year ago. It agrees with my Weston Master IV which had its selenium cell replaced and was calibrated by Quality Light Metric, Hollywood, CA in 2007. In turn the Weston agrees within a half stop with my Luna Pro F (analog reading).

I have always had good results with the Weston Master IV and the 3.5 F meters. I also use a Pentax spot meter usually with large format where I take the Zone System a bit more seriously. So I wanted to know if one can take general incident reedings with the TLR meters and have good results or is the diffusor just something to 'complete' the ever ready case like the appropriate tools in the boot of an MG TD.

Rob
On Sep 3, 2009, at 2:59 PM, Carlos Manuel Freaza wrote:

They fail due to age Marc, they lose precision. Three years ago Todd Belcher advised me about this issue, he wrote me that even old stock new cells tended to fail and it was the reason he no longer sold replacement cells. Our member John Wild is replacing Ian Parker in the Rollei Club (Ian Parker is still a Rollei Club emember) and perhaps he knows something about new cells. BTW almost four years ago when my 3.5F came like new from California (Harry Fleenor) the lightmeter worked fine.

Carlos