[rollei_list] Re: Meters and Film

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 17:35:10 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Richard:
             That Sekonic sounds intersting, my Gossen Lunasix F (Luna Pro- F)
has the following accesories: The Enlarging attachment for darkroom printing;
the Microscope attachment for Microphotography; the Fiber Optics Probe
attachment, a flexible fiber optics with a "scanner" terminal for difficult
readings; the Repro(Copying) attachment to obtain exposure from flat subjects
like paintings, documents,etc. and the Variable Angle Attachment that allows to
do 7.5º and 15º spot metering, these are a very good number of accesories for a
handheld lightmeter.

I have the Variable Angle attachment for 7.5º and 15º measurements, it requires
a bit of compensation with the lightmeter dial but it's an useful and
interesting accesory for previously planned photographs.
If I take portraits with back lit illumination, I don't expose for highlights,
I expose for shadows using the dome, it produces an about right exposure for
the subject and the back lit is overexposed creating a nice effect around the
subject IMO, these are two samples (It's not Friday but I don't have a better
explanation for my point):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/798248832/

For this one I compensated the exposure only a bit for highlights:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/2350071738/

Carlos

      Yahoo! Cocina

http://ar.mujer.yahoo.com/cocina/