[rollei_list] Re: Maxwell Screen - Self Installation?

  • From: Craig Roberts <crgrbrts@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 17:29:19 -0400

I've had Harry change to a Maxwell a screen in my old 2.8E, Bill change to one of his on my MX-EVS and I did my own Maxwell conversion on a 2.8E2. I had no problems with self-installation using Bill's recommended "Dymo label shimming method" and the camera focus remained just the same before and after the modfication.

Now, my "new" 2.8C might be different. We shall see. Just for grins, I bought a $10.00 (that's right -- ten dollar) bright focus screen for it from a guy in Hong Kong. Tonight, I do the swap after ascertaining the difference in thickness between the patheticalky dim Rollei original and the would-be bargain basement replacement. If it's the same as a Dymo label, I'm in. If not, I'll get inventive -- or swallow hard and buy another new screen from Mr. Maxwell.

I'll let you know what happens.

Craig
Washington, DC