[rollei_list] Re: Mark William Rabiner and Digital

  • From: Elias Roustom <eroustom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 23:30:22 -0400

he will cheerfully tell you that he went to the Dark Side from the convenience of digital.
I know I have a lot to learn yet, but I don't see the convenience angle. Post processing digital files is a pain in the A. I really think it is as bad as scanning film. The image (or file) is a moving target from start to finish. It's difficult to set color or even sharpness, as these are device and software dependent all the time, and so you never really know what you shot. Maybe, Mark, it's my 4/3s system camera that's a fault. : )

Digital comes in handy for a lot of things, and being serious, convenience is a key factor, but I find that it comes into usefulness very specifically. It's not a superior substitute for film. For me it does a very different job.

E.