[rollei_list] Re: Manual

  • From: Rei Shinozuka <shino@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 00:48:38 -0400

if you just need to read it, here is an on-line manual

http://www.dmakos.com/square/manual/rolleitlr/index.html

the 12/24 addendum was a little sheet they stuck in the book, the
contents of which are transcribed below, confusing verbiage
and all:

-rei

------------- cut ------------------

Film Transport Mechanism for No 120 and 220 film

The lever next to the film counter window
switches the film transport to either 12 ex-
posures (No 120 roll film) or 24 exposures
(No 220 roll film).

12 Exposures (No 120 roll film)
Set the change-over lever to the stop so that
the marking "12" on the knob is upright (1)
[(1) referes to picture 1 showing No 12 up]

24 Exposures (No 220 roll film)
1. Load the No 220 roll film in the usual way.
   Keep the film pressure plate in the posi-
   tion marked "6x6".
2. Close the camera back.
3. Now - and only now, with the film
   counter showing No 0 - set the change-
   over lever to the stop so that the marking
   "24" is upright (2)
   [(2) referes to picture 2 showing 24 up]
4. Advance the film in the usual way for the
   first 12 exposures.
5. After the 12th exposure the crank blocks.
   Bring the crank back into the rest position.

   Move the change-over lever to bring the
   "12" marking upright (1). This returns the film
   counter to 0. press the release button (the
   shutter does not operate). The crank is
   now free to continue advancing the film.
   6. Advance the film in the usual way for the
   remaining 12 exposures. (The film counter
   runs through from No 1 to No 12 again).

   To check the number of unexposed frames,
   subtract the number in the film counter
   window from from the upright marking of the
   change-over lever.
   Resetting the film counter for the second
   series of exposures results in a blank frame
   in the middle of the film length. This provides
   a convenient point for cutting the film in two
   later on.

--
Rei Shinozuka shino@xxxxxxxxx
Ridgewood, New Jersey