[rollei_list] Re: Mamiya makes it official.. Dags

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 14:44:48 +0000 (GMT)

In general, the people linked or/and dedicated to
preserve and to restore old photographs taken and
developed using old materials and processes are
interested about them, also a few photographers for
artistic purposes. The problem about to work with
primitive processes like daguerreotypes is that the
photographer needs to prepare and to sensitize metal
plates and then the development is a part of the
complete process only.During some steps of the
daguerreotype process the photographer needs special
cautions like the cautions adopted for chemical
industrial processes workers and sites...
The attractive about the daguerreotype is that it was
the first reliable photographic process and there are
historic dags very much in good condition yet.
In general, according the article I quoted yesterday,
a sensitized copper plate is 12 or 13 points less fast
than a 100 ISO film, the exposure requires from eight
seconds to several minutes according the circumstances
and then the model must be immobile and relaxed during
that time...

All the best
Carlos

Correo Yahoo!