[rollei_list] Re: Making Viewfinder Mask

  • From: Elias_Roustom <elroustom@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 13:38:20 -0400

Hah - the last thing I would have thought of. That's a great idea. Of course.

Dennis' idea in using the sheet film was how thick flat and clear it would be. Ink jet stock may not sit as flat, but I'll try it.

E.

On Mar 24, 2010, at 1:12 PM, Eric Goldstein wrote:

Elias -

I've had good success printing masks onto lasar/inkjet transparency stock

Eric Goldstein

--

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 12:58 PM, Elias_Roustom <elroustom@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I've gotten a few suggestions so far, here and on Pure Silver.
I have some b&w sheet film to play with. Maybe after I fix and wash a sheet, while the gelatin is still wet, I'll dunk into some diluted ink or dye.

Thanks all.

On Mar 24, 2010, at 6:55 AM, John Wild wrote:

Elias,

I use laminating sheet that has been through the laminator. It is
semi-translucent and means you can see fairly clearly what is outside the
reduced frame.

I adapted one of the magazines for my SL66 to take 35mm film to produce
24mm
x 56mm frames and made a finder mask for that using laminating sheet. It
can
be folded to suit the locating pins on the SL66.

I can let you have some if you cannot source a supply. Just email me your
address of list.

John

On 21/03/2010 19:45, "Elias_Roustom" <elroustom@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Some of you have discussed a Rolleikin mask that's orange and see
through. Seems like a better idea than the opaque black mask. I was
chasing some seagulls around at the beach yesterday, and it was
difficult to predict when they would be in the frame (especially since they move one way in the air, and in the opposite way in the VF). So I want to make an translucent mask for my Rolleikin kit. Any suggestions
on materials?

Elias

- Subscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe'in the
subject field OR by logging into www.freelists.org