[rollei_list] Re: Macro with Enlarging Lenses on the SL66?

  • From: Douglas Nygren <dnygr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 09:09:49 -0400

I use an 80mm and it seems fine. A little bigger is good, too.

Doug

On Sep 9, 2006, at 8:11 AM, Mike Kovacs wrote:

Has anyone fooled around with enlarging lenses for medium format macro? I recently picked-up 50mm and 80mm 6-element Nikkor enlarging lenses and I wonder whether its worth the trouble to adapt them to my Rolleiflex SL66?

Do they cover 6x6? If so, any idea of which f/stop and amount of extension required for coverage? I'm just trying to get a ballpark number to see if they fall into a useful magnification range for me.

I wonder how sharp they will be? The 80/2.8 Planar seems to perform pretty well but I think the 50/4 Distagon suffers in the macro range from being a retrofocus design. I don't own one but the 120/5.6 S-Planar is just too long to consider for some of the higher magnification work I do.

I haven't got the enlarging lenses yet (still in the mail). I assume they are LTM in which case I can rig up something to mount them. A blank SL66 lens board from Hadley Chamberlain and a junked Soviet LTM lens mount ought to do the trick.

Any guidance somebody can provide that has been down this road?

--- Rollei List