[rollei_list] Re: MF projectors

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 14:02:05 -0800

At 01:33 PM 3/6/2005, you wrote:
>Wondering what people prefer/advise regarding automatic 6x6 slide
>projectors.
>As far as I can tell, it boils down to Hasselblad PCP 80 or Rollei Dual
>66P (excluding numerous manual models).
>
>Any pros/cons (and prices/availability) of the aformentioned units?

Don't know about those units but I bought a Balomatic 755 many years on a
closeout.  It was "factory" defective and was being sold off.  Turns out
the only problem was a little rubber air-seal which was part of the timing
system.   I glued it back on and it's worked fine since then.  It has
one-button remote control for manual forward and reverse, variable
automatic timing, and a very good condenser system.

>Regards,
>Thor

Don Williams
La Jolla, CA