[rollei_list] Re: MF SLR lens designations

  • From: "John Wild" <JWild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 16:01:25 -0000

Hi Stan,

As you say, the 6006/2 metering does not work when in manual mode.

The 6006/8 are quite bulky with the film magazine. I have a 6002 which
sits in the hand better, much more like a TLR. A 6003 (produced
originally with 1/500th and latterly with 1/1000th shutter speed) will
give the full metering capability with the reduced size and the later
ones can use magazines when fitted with the additional film gate
accessory. As with an SLX and 6002 the backs are interchangeable for 6 x
45 but not mid roll.

I do not know if a 6002/SLX back can be used on a 6006 but according to
the Rollei user manual, a 6006 magazine should not be used on a 6002
because the gearing/motor is not man enough and also the lens to film
register is different. Both of these I find difficult to believe because
surely Rollei would not have produced two different body castings; one
for the 6002 and one for the 6006. Similarly with the drive
motors/gears. The SLX I can understand because it was only designed for
use with backs as opposed to magazines.

Regards

John