[rollei_list] Re: MF SLR lens designations

  • From: "John Wild" <JWild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 16:02:40 -0000

Hi Austin,

The loss of functions effectively means that the 6008i (or other 6008
variants) will have the same features as an SLX or 6006/2 ie it will
only have shutter speed priority and manual. I believe that if you put
an HFT lens on an Integral and try to use for example programmed or
aperture priority, a row of dashes appears where the viewfinder
shutter/aperture read out is and possible that the camera will not fire.
This effectively informs you that the feature is not available. I have
not used an HFT lens on my Integral for a long time so cannot remember
exactly what happens. Whether such facilities as flash sync on shutter
close would work or not I have no idea either. Just have to try such
things out.

It used to be possible to upgrade an HFT lens to give the necessary
information to the camera body so it could use all the 6008 camera
functions. I cannot remember if this was a return to factory task or
whether it could be done by the local importers. Whether the necessary
parts are still available is anybody's guess. Paepke Fototechnik in
Germany (see http://www.franke-heidecke.net/ authorised repairers for
full details)would probably be able to help if this was to be
considered. However, the cost of a secondhand PQ lens now is probably
the cost of an upgrade anyway.

When I bought my Integral, I thought that all the extra features would
be useful. I have found that most of the time I use manual exposure and
that in this respect my 6006 and 6002 are quicker to use (I could have
saved a fortune but would have always hankered after something better)
so an HFT lens is not such a disadvantage. ;-)

Regards

John =20