[rollei_list] Lynching and Bob's comment

  • From: Ruddy Roye <leicauser503@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 18:03:13 -0400

BOB
I am soooo use to hearing your words.
Its nothing new. You might as well blurt out the N word because I know it is boiling all over your lips.
"If I do not like the way America treats me go home to Jamaica."
If I do not like the words on the chat room unsubscribe."
I thought we all come together to share and make each one a better photog and inevitably a better man. I thought this was about Brother and sisterhood. But despite my stupid idealistic expectations you are saying you prefer to go ahead with your tessar lens instead of listening to a black man tell you your picture is not sharp enough to be viewed in a gallery.
But having or not having a problem with black folk does not mean that you want to hear from them, or even worse, have them tell you how you should behave or speak.
Yes I can go back into the hole I crawled out of. And yes I can sit here and read "oh gosh I use the s word, all day long and to tell you the truth, it says more about you than it does about me.

Nuff sed
On Oct 18, 2005, at 5:28 PM, Bob Shell wrote:

On Tuesday, October 18, 2005, at 04:53 PM, Ruddy Roye wrote:

Maan as my blood boiled, this email came and rescued me.
I am black, and tho I do not need anyone to remind me of that fact, I do expect if nothing else, my feelings as a fellow member of this chat group are respected.

I don't have a problem with black people. Nor with Asian people. Nor with any other kind of people. None of us would ever have known you were black if you hadn't told us. For all I know, many other list members may be black, but it has never come up because it is not relevant to our discussions. This is a photography list.

I do have a problem with a new member of a list jumping on those of us who have been here for years and know each other, and telling us how to behave. We've gotten along just fine for a lot of years without the need for a monitor of political correctness. This list has always maintained freedom of speech, and the only thing really off limits is personal attacks. Anyone who is offended by our discussions or language can find instructions on how to unsubscribe at the bottom of each list message.

Now let's get back to discussing photography and Rollei.

Bob

www.royephotography.com
Portrait and Editorial Photographer