[rollei_list] Re: Lomo Cameras

  • From: slobodan dimitrov <s.dimitrov@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 21:01:37 -0700

When I was teaching, I used the Holga as a way for the students to learn about other film formats. While different sensor sizes are just that, and yes, it's granted there is a difference between the high end and the low end. But the price differential is so great between the two that most students will never get the chance to experience high grade large sensor imagery. On the other hand, even a marginal image on 120 has the ability to induce awe in students who have never handled roll film before. At less than $40.00 for a camera, it's like camera crack cocaine. It will make you want more. There are plenty of Rolleis out there to accommodate the craving.

s.d.

On Oct 1, 2008, at 6:20 PM, Carlos Manuel Freaza wrote:

I agree with you, anyway Lomo photography became a cult around the world and as the report says, "it's good for film". This is the Lomo booth at Photokina 2008, it's a large booth as the comment says:

http://beta.lomography.com/magazine/blog/2008/09/24/lomography-at- photokina-2008

Carlos

--- El mié 1-oct-08, Marvin Wallace <Marvin0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escribió:

Hello all,
I am hoping that this opinion can be expressed in good
will. I read in the
post from Carlos that Lomo had a huge booth at Photokina. I
would like to
ask what the attraction with the camera is. I bought one
before, and it
seems to be a really poor copy of the Rollei 35 or Minox.

Virtually all photographs that I seen taken with them have
been awful,
usually the photographs are displayed as large walls of
poor meaningless
prints, am I missing something here?

It really seems to me, to be a case of the emperor is in
the all together!

- Subscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with
'subscribe'

'unsubscribe' in the subject field OR by logging
into www.freelists.org

      Yahoo! Cocina
Recetas prácticas y comida saludable
http://ar.mujer.yahoo.com/cocina/