[rollei_list] Re: Lightmeters and Estimated Photography

  • From: Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 20:20:23 -0700

Marc,

No matter how dirty the air is/ was, if the meter reads 100
foot candles, and so on.  If the air is dirty, the meter would
read less, so exposure would be more.

BTW, I don't think the air was very dirty in NYC back in
1936.  There were not that many cars. (Middle of the
Great Depression) There were horse drawn wagons and
electric trolleys instead of buses.

Jerry