[rollei_list] Re: Light Meter

  • From: william schillereff <pastorbill6@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 12:04:39 -0700

I have an old Sekonic Studio S.  Used a Norwood prior to this one,  I have
upgraded to the Studio Master.  I did not get the High slide.  I do have the
set of 11 slides.  The number 8 slide looks exactly like the high slide.
Has anyone tried to see if they are the same and inter changeable?

I only upgraded because after thirty hers I was getting a little unsure
about the readings of thes.  When compared with this they are right on.  So
I will sell the old on and go on with the new.

I know one of you guys has to use the Sekonic  studio meters.

Bill

From:  Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxx>
Date:  Fri, 21 Oct 2011 13:32:13 -0500
To:  <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:  [rollei_list] Re: Film/Digital

At 01:06 AM 10/17/2011, Marc wrote, in part:
> People who want to take a few simple steps can ensure that their pictures will
> be preserved for their lifetimes.  I ended up as a repository of family
> pictures from my mother's side of the house, so I have a large box full of
> faded prints in odd sizes of people probably unknown to anyone now living.
> (Someday in the next several years, a few of us will sit down and go over the
> pictures and identify who we can, and then my son will become the Deposit
> Holder of Record.)

I have a few of those boxes that are around 3rd level hand-down. Many of the
folks I don't know, but when I get a round tuit I will try to scan them and
email them to my kids.  They particularly enjoy pictures of my parents, whom
they never knew, and pictures of me as a baby and kid, also a person they
never knew.

The only problem is that "round tuits" are very rare and I haven't seen one
lately.

DAW