[rollei_list] Re: Lens cap SIZE for 3.5 Xenotar Rolleiflex..."Kegelrad Differential"

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 13:25:28 +0000 (GMT)

The "Kegelrad Differential" or "Bevel wheel";this
little "bulb" with small gears and contacts was an
ingenious solution developed by Rollei engineers and
technicians that allowed to manufacture the 2.8F
camera because Rollei could use the traditional linear
Synchro Compur shutter for the model maintaining the
coupled lightmeter used for the 3.5F first and second
model provided with the new and big Differential
"planetary" Synchro Compur that did not have room in
the 2.8F body.
The Kegelrad does the same work that the planetary
shutter but using a minimal space, you can see it in
one of the Todd's site technical diagrams, the
Kegelrad has the first part number from the right in
the diagram, 17400.04.0:
http://www.rollei-gallery.net/-todd/image-50569.html

All the best
Carlos