[rollei_list] Re: Lens cap SIZE for 3.5 Xenotar Rolleiflex

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 21:36:23 +0000 (GMT)

I'm only almost sure that the Bay II plastic lens caps
with the word "Rollei" on the viewing lens cap were
made for the 3.5F and 3.5E3 with 45mm between
objectives.
The traditional mirrored Rollei lens caps (Bay II)
could be for 42 or 45mm. The lens caps for 42 and for
45mm have different Rollei catalog number.-

All the best
Carlos
 --- Kenneth Frazier <kennybod@xxxxxxx> escribió:

> On Jul 12, 2006, at 5:15 PM, Carlos Manuel Freaza
> wrote:
>
> > f you have a Xenotar 3.5/75 it only could be a Bay
> > II, however for the lens caps is necessary to know
> the
> > objectives distance from viewing and taking lens
> from
> > center to center, the distance could be 42 or 45mm
> and
> > you need the right lens caps according this
> distance,
>
> As a matter of curiosity, is there any way to
> distinguish between the
> two lens caps?  Are there specific markings, etc.?
>
> Ken
> -----------------------------------
> The Rev. Kenneth Frazier
> Connecticut Conference, United Church of Christ
> ----------------------------------
> Current Leica Photography (PESO):
> http://tinyurl.com/6sc2r
>
> Current Medium Format Photos: